Green Roof installation in Laval
A green roof is a flat or low-pitched roof covered with vegetation. This plant-based solution is trendy in Quebec, because it makes it possible to welcome Spring in style. This is an attractive alternative to conventional blankets. What is more, it is ecological and contributes to the fight against pollution.
The green roof in Quebec
A green roof is distinguished from a patio garden by its compatibility with structures with a slope of less than 20 °. In addition to its aesthetic role, this type of roof provides insulation and waterproofing for a residential, commercial or industrial building.
The green roof is characterized by its type of plantation, which comes in three variations, including:
- An intensive planting: its substrate is deep and it finds its place on a robust structure. The roof is suitable for growing several plants, namely trees, flowers and vegetables;
- A semi-intensive plantation: it is characterized by a lighter substrate. Flowers and herbs are the possible crops on the blanket;
- Extensive planting: its substrate is the least light. Its capacity to support plants is low, hence its affordable price.
Request a quote today
Maintaining a green roof in Laval
Maintaining a green roof is cumbersome, unlike an asphalt shingle roof. The operation must be carried out regularly and reported to the insurer.
The craftsman mainly works in the following two ways to maintain the blanket:
- Intensive planting: the technician sets up and maintains an irrigation system, while the owner frequently waters the vegetation;
- Extensive planting: the craftsman carries out regular weeding and repairs the waterproofing membrane if necessary.
The advantages of installing a green roof
Opting for this roof is interesting if you are looking for a roof offering excellent thermal and acoustic insulation. These two criteria are essential for daily comfort and to reduce energy bills.
The original structure of a vegetal you makes a building authentic, whether residential or institutional. Investing in this type of structure is an ecological approach, essential to fight against pollution. Note that it also helps regulate rainwater.
The possible drawbacks of a green roof
The choice to adopt a green roof is often blocked by two reasons, notably its price and its maintenance. The cost of the structure is estimated at four or even five times that of a conventional roof.
Regular maintenance is an important criterion for a green roof, to save it from damage. Do not hesitate to ask our technicians at Toiture Couvreur Laval to inspect the structure to check its condition and take the necessary measures if necessary.
A professional is the best interlocutor to take care of a green roof, in order to avoid its deterioration. Do you have a specific request or questions at this level? Submit them to us using the “Free Submission” form available on our platform.
We come to your aid no matter what roofing work you need from simple inspection projects to installation. We operate 24/7 throughout the year, and you can also request our roof snow removal service.
Do you have a question?
Request a quote today
Roofing service on the north shore
FOR ANY TYPE OF ROOF
from our clients