Do you have a question?
Request a quote today
The metal roof, what is it?
Metal roofing sets itself apart from other types of competing roofs by the great diversity of designs and its manufacturing materials. It often adorns contemporary buildings and architects. It is suitable for almost all types of roofs except flat roofs.
The performance of a metal roof is defined by its material of construction, including:
- Stainless steel: it resists corrosion and rust;
- Aluminum: it is quick and easy to handle, and it looks good;
- Tin: it costs more than aluminum and has better corrosion resistance than copper;
- Zinc: low maintenance;
- Copper: it stands out for its significant durability.
The different possible configurations
Metal roofing comes in several forms, each with its own specificities:
- The model imitating the tile: this roof is characterized by its color and its raised or granular finishes, reminiscent of the look of a tile. It is suitable for renovation work;
- The corrugated roof model: its corrugated shape promotes better ventilation between the roof sections and the frame. It is generally equipped with anti-corrosion technology;
- Bitumen corrugated sheets: they are rectangular and they are ocher, green, black or red. They are used to optimize the waterproofing of a roof;
- Sandwich panels for sheet metal roofs: they are available in a wide range of colors, looks and shapes. They are especially suitable for a garage or workshop.
Installation of a metal roof
The installation work of this structure is delicate and requires meticulousness for a successful repair. Toiture Couvreur Laval provides qualified roofers for this type of operation. Contact us to take advantage of our services.
Installation of the roof
This step consists of positioning the metal on the structure and joining the plates together. The objective is to put in place a system to fight against water infiltration. The delicacy of this step requires the intervention of a professional.
Handling of different materials
The choice of materials affects the level of difficulty of installing the roof. Aluminum, for example, is easier to work with, unlike stainless steel. Precautions must be taken depending on the products used, in particular the use of a lacquer to protect the zinc against rust. The ideal is to call in a specialist for work done properly.
Maintenance of a metal roof in Laval
Our turnkey service covers all possible work on the different types of roofs. We take on metal roof maintenance projects mainly as follows:
- Inspection : the structure should be examined once a year to prevent damage in order to take the necessary measures to avoid repairs
- Cleaning: This process extends the life of a sheet metal roof. To do this, the structure must be freed from dust before washing with clean water. The application of an anti-mold solution is necessary in the presence of these undesirable.
- Painting: Applying paint is the final step in maintenance. It has a decorative and protective function.
Inspection may reveal the presence of anomalies that need to be repaired as soon as possible. Our experts can take care of it to extend the life of the cover to avoid a much more expensive replacement.
The advantages of installing a metal roof in Laval
The many advantages of the metal roof make its popularity, namely:
- Its durability: regular maintenance allows you to extend the life of the structure from 50 to 100 years;
- Its resistance: the structure shows resistance during bad weather, periods of frost or high heat;
- Its recyclable state: the recovery device is ecological;
- Its quality / price ratio: the metal roof is a good investment with its durability, cost and acoustic comfort provided it is combined with good insulation.
The constraints to be taken into account
Some uncomfortable situations associated with this type of roof should be emphasized, including:
- Risks of noise pollution: the roof easily creates noise in the event of hail, rain or ice. The use of soundproofing insulation is necessary to overcome this concern;
- Regular maintenance: Metal is a material susceptible to deformation, hence the need to inspect and maintain it at least once a year.
Metal roofing in Laval: a good or a bad investment?
Metal roofing is a financially attractive alternative, especially compared to a shingle roof. In addition, it offers more satisfactory durability.
Opting for the metal structure saves you regular replacement work. You have more peace of mind when you invest in this blanket, for a long time. In addition, its durability is an important selling point.
Who are metal roofs for?
The metal structure is compatible with all buildings, industrial or residential. However, it is important to know that it specifically targets two categories of owners, namely:
- Those who advocate the aesthetic side: they opt for a roof that allows them to build a building in their image;
- Those looking for sustainability: they opt for a long-term investment.
Toiture Couvreur Laval can help you realize your metal roof installation / repair / maintenance projects (or other materials as well). Tell us about it using the “Free Quote” form on our site. Contact us and we will get back to you in less than 24 hours, even if it is for a roof de-icing or snow removal service.
Do you have a question?
Request a quote today
Roofing service on the north shore
FOR ANY TYPE OF ROOF
from our clients