Residential roof replacement in Laval
The roof of a residential building requires specific treatments in terms of repair or replacement work. The comfort of tenants is at stake. The choice of materials and the installation make it possible to cope with the capricious climatic conditions responsible for the degradation of roofs in Canada. Intervention is required when problems at these levels arise. It is important to act as quickly as possible to limit damage to the roof, but also to the building. It is more important to entrust the mission in the hands of roofers specialized in the trade. You can turn to Toiture Couvreur Laval in particular.
Request a quote today
When to redo your residential roof?
The best time to redo a residential roof is summer. It is during this period that the climatic conditions are favorable for freely carrying out repair work.
After an inspection
Regularly checking a roof can determine the right time to redo or renovate it. It remains prudent to entrust the mission to a professional, because this operation exposes the risk of falls.
Inspection should be done periodically:
- Once every 10 years: if the roof is less than 10 years old;
- Once every 2 years: if the roof is less than 20 years old;
- Annually: if the roof is over 40 years old.
Refer to material life
This summary of the duration of a roof according to its material gives you an idea of
- In shingles: between 15 to 20 years;
- In elastomers: between 20 to 25 years;
- In tiles: between 30 to 100 years;
- In plants: between 25 to 30 years;
- Slate: about 100 years old;
- In steel tank: about 100 years;
- In zinc: about 100 years.
Evaluate the general structure of the roof
A roofer can undertake a roof diagnostic to determine the presence of anomalies, including breaks or installation faults. A repair is necessary when these problems are perceived at the level of the frame, shingles, under-roof or ridge.
Most of the time, there are signs of damage. It could be leaks, water infiltration or even mold. The roof has waterproofing problems and can no longer protect the home properly.
Why entrust operations to professionals?
Roofing work is complex and dangerous as it is carried out at height. It is therefore crucial to call on service providers with a mastery of the trade, in particular Toiture Couvreur Laval.
Recommendations from specialists
A professional roofer is able to advise on the procedures to be followed for a lasting achievement. It is important to make the best choices to avoid mistakes exposing them to further damage.
A professional can recommend whether or not you need to renovate, partially or completely, the roofing of a house.
A precise quote
You can get a precise idea of
The quote provided by the service provider is detailed for maximum transparency. Here are the elements that can be detailed there:
- The materials used;
- The nature and duration of the work;
- The dimensions of the surface to be covered;
- The various expenses (fees, cost of the service).
Safety is very important in roofing work. This concerns not only the craftsmen, but also the tenants. Minimize the risk of danger by hiring qualified roofers capable of carrying out missions at height.
These experts will do their utmost to protect passers-by and even animals near or in the work area. They choose the equipment and tools taking into account the circumstances to prevent accidents.
What materials to choose to redo your residential roof?
The role of a roof is to protect a building, but also to provide the comfort that tenants need. It is therefore necessary to choose the material carefully to obtain the desired effect.
Here are the different options available to you:
- The elastomeric membrane: popular for its ease of installation, regardless of the season. It is resistant and has a high level of waterproofing. Its disadvantage lies in its installation exposing the risk of fire.
- Plants: they block the ultraviolet rays responsible for the deterioration of the roof. They have good acoustic and thermal performance, but require a lot of maintenance.
- Steel: it is fully recyclable. It is low maintenance and good value for money.
- The asphalt shingle: An asphalt shingle roof can withstand strong winds of up to 100 km / h. Some materials have the ability to reflect the sun’s rays to keep the attic cool.
- Slate: this coating has the advantage of not fading under the action of sunlight. His condition remains virtually the same, regardless of the effect of the ultraviolet rays. It is also resistant to frost, bad weather and acid rain. Its drawback is its significant weight and its fragile nature during installation.
Free, no-obligation quote
Redoing residential roofs is one of our specialties, as is renovating, repairing and replacing roofs of institutional, commercial or industrial buildings. Our team is trained and competent and our achievements comply with standards.
We work with almost all materials and types of roofs, especially flat or sloping roofs. Contact us through our free quote form to get a quote for a mission or project. A response is sent to you within 24 hours.
We work with your comfort and safety in mind. Do not hesitate to contact us for a secure and compliant roof snow removal service.
Do you have a question?
Request a quote today
Roofing service on the north shore
FOR ANY TYPE OF ROOF
from our clients